Customer Complaints Policy
Ocean operates a professional business and we aim for the highest standards in customer and hair services. Ocean takes all complaints seriously, and we have a complaint policy and process we work with and learn from any feedback we receive. Ocean's priority is for you to be completely satisfied with the services received from us.
What to do if you have a complaint
Tell someone at Ocean you are not happy with the service you have received, if at all possible, while you are in the salon or as soon as possible after leaving the salon, and calmly and clearly explain the problem.
We will listen to your feedback and ask questions as necessary to understand why you are making a complaint. We aim to resolve all complaints within 8 weeks. If you have already left the Ocean salon, please do not have your hair tended to elsewhere as Ocean have the right to see exactly what the service you received from us is actually like.
- Arrange a suitable time for you to come back into our salon and discuss your complaint in private.
- Discuss your complaint in detail and endeavour to agree on a plan of action, where we think your complaint is reasonable
- Make good, to your satisfaction, the service, if agreed, as soon as possible, free of charge. The work can be done by a different member of staff if required.
- If we can not fix the problem, we may offer a partial or full refund, depending on how reasonable we consider your complaint to be.
If, after following our complaints process, we still cannot agree on how to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, we will refer you to a certified alternative dispute resolution provider, as required by the Consumer Rights Act 2015. A mediator is an independent third party which listens to both sides and helps us both work towards a fair and reasonable compromise which, if agreed, becomes legally binding. This can be a much cheaper alternative that legal action. Ocean will provide optional mediators for you to discuss and review. There will also be a cost to both parties to engage the mediation service.
Occasionally we may be placed in a position where we have to refuse service to a customer. The management of Ocean reserve the right to refuse service to anyone if they have:
- created a safety or health hazard inside or within close proximity to the salon, which may affect the health and safety of others
- threatened to harm one or any of our employees or customers
- avoid overcrowding in the salon
- the salon is closed for business
Ocean will never discriminate against anyone on the grounds of a person’s race, religion, sex, or other protected characteristics.